Release Counselling Update
Our latest 10-week ‘Into the Light’ course for survivors of sexual abuse has ended in Brighton. It has been a fantastic group, and thank you to each of the women who took part.
Here is some feedback from the group members:
– “I feel so privileged to have attended this course, with these facilitators. I can now get on with my life and feel the course was so thorough. I got to explore how my violent rape affected so many (maybe every) facet of my life. Every abuse sufferer should have this course offered to them. I have faced and dealt with all aspects of my trauma, thanks to the ‘Into the Light’ group.”
– “… The course has helped me to face my issues and learn how to change the patterns that are unhealthy. This course has given me the hope and courage to move forwards and not let my abuse define me.”
– “This course was so deeply healing and supportive… Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity.”
– “This course has helped me so much and I really think my life will start to change now.”
– “I would recommend this course to everyone who suffered from abuse. I wish my counsellors in the past had known about it, as they told me they couldn’t help me.”
100% of participants said that the course fulfilled their expectations, and they benefitted from the group.
100% of the group felt a bit more hopeful, or much more hopeful about their life at the end of the course.
100% of the group also stated an improvement in self-esteem and confidence by the end of the group.
The next Into the Light group in Brighton aims to run in Spring 2016.