As we approach Christmas, we also come to the end of the third exciting year of Release Counselling & Therapy for Women!
2015 has been another year of growth for us, and here are some of the highlights:
– Over the last 3 years since Release began, we have received referrals from 145 individual women.
– During 2015, 16 individual women have engaged in 1-2-1 counselling, and 23 women and 9 babies have engaged in our therapeutic groups.
– In 2015 Release was awarded grants from Brighton & Hove City Council and Sussex Police to run our therapeutic groups in the community.
– A team of 7 runners successfully completed the Brighton 10k in aid of Release, and raised an amazing £1,500.
– During 2015, we doubled the number of groups run for survivors of sexual abuse. In total 14 women completed the ‘Into the Light’ 10-week group, and some are continuing to meet for peer-led support . One woman said : “This course has enlightened me and given me hope for my future! I feel more aware and have more possibilities of grasping my emotions! I now know there is potential for me to have healthy relationships. Thank you ever so much and I recommend this course to anyone. I have my life back. Profuse thanks.”
– Thanks to funding from the NHS Brighton & Hove Innovation Fund, we also launched our new ‘Mummyshock’ 10-week therapeutic group for new mums and their infants, aimed at supporting first-time mums. 9 women and their babies took part in the group. These are some of the comments from the group: “ I can’t quite put into words how much Mummyshock has helped so much in my early journey of becoming a mummy. I wish Mummyshock was compulsory for all new mums!” and “Simply having space to share our experiences and recognise that others feel something similar has built my confidence and peace.”
It has been another exciting year for us, seeing an increasing number of women engaging with our service. If you would like to donate to the work of Release, to ensure low-cost, easily accessible counselling is available to women in the community in the year ahead, details are as follows:
Warmest wishes this Christmas from us all at Release.